C.C.Cole

C.C.Cole
author C.C.Cole's blog

Saturday, February 22, 2014

King Robert After the Games

King Robert Baratheon "Game of Thrones"


King Robert Baratheon stands before the lead Gastar characters Shevata and Zermon awaiting judgment for the afterlife.  Will Hell be his future?

“Zermon, I disagree with this.  King Robert Baratheon wasn’t perfect but he doesn’t belong down here in Hell, especially before you in final judgment.  Let me speak to him first.”
The large demon handed her a scroll.  “Normally I would agree.  But the Martell family insisted he be judged harshly for the deaths of Elia Martell and her children, the family of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen”
Shevata read the scroll and her face fell.  “Elia Martell and her young daughter were raped and murdered by Gregor Clegane and Ser Amory Lorch.  Her son, just a baby, was smashed in the head.  Their bodies were wrapped in Lannister cloaks and presented to King Robert before the Iron Throne in his victory.”

Zermon relaxed back on his obsidian throne.  “Pretty sick stuff, huh?  Shevata nodded.  He motioned with his hand to have Robert brought before them.  Shevata sat on Zermon’s right armrest of his throne. 
“King Robert, you appear to be here with some ill tidings.”  Shevata handed him the scroll.  He glanced at it then threw it down.  Still a large, strong man, his beard hid most of his face, and his obese belly stuck out like he was a woman close to giving birth.  In observation, Shevata had to admit to herself Joffrey seemed more like a King than his non-natural father.

“I don’t care WHAT you do with me, got it?”  Shouted Robert. 
Zermon smirked.  “Well King Pig Feisty, after King Mad Scab, King Crazy Kid, who else do we have from that barbaric world of bad Kings?”
“Call me what you want, damn ya!  I lost what I cared about years ago, so throw me in fire, cold, cut me, drown me, see if I give a shit!”  Robert shouted, and then turned at the short demons.  “What do you people drink around here?”
“This isn’t a party, King Robert.”  Shevata snapped at him with a whip, just missing him to get his attention.  “Did you or not give the order for the atrocities committed against the wife and children of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen?”

“Seven Hells, THAT’S what this is about?”  Robert became enraged, then calmed himself.  “I wanted Rhaegar dead more than anything and I’m in Hell because of it.  Fine.  When you lose something you love, I mean you really love with all you have; you’ll do the same.  If you’re capable of it.”  Robert’s glare gave Shevata a chill. 

Zermon shook his head.  “King Robert, you are a fat fool idiot.  People love all the time and take chances.  But you don’t murder innocent women and children because you didn’t get the woman you wanted, and you don’t become King Pig and turn your realm into a vision of yourself!”  He turned to Shevata.  “I want him racked.”
Robert stood defiant. Shevata loaded a tiny crossbow with a black needle and fired.  Robert disappeared in a flash of light, his soul destroyed.
“You take away all the fun.”  Growled Zermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment