C.C.Cole

C.C.Cole
author C.C.Cole's blog

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Review of “The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace” by John Ramsey


Like most of the country, I remember the JonBenet Ramsey case and followed the media circus and saw the tabloids at the grocery counter.  I didn’t know what to think until I saw an interview with John and Patsy with Bill Kurtis, and years later read the case in detail on a true crime site.   Obviously the case is unsolved, none of us were there, so all we as the audience have is opinion.  I don’t believe the Ramseys killed their daughter.

What I liked about Mr. Ramsey’s book is what he what he brought to the surface about the tragedy.  Many of us find inner peace in faith, which is understandable in his case.  But he pointed out what he learned about in his own life and success; the most important things cannot be bought.  No house, no car, no boat, no airplane can replace the ones you love. 

Mr. Ramsey makes it clear what was the worst for he and his wife in the whole ordeal of the murder of his beautiful JonBenet; it was losing their daughter.  If nothing else can be taken from this book, to me, that’s the most prominent message he’s giving to readers.  I highly recommend this to anyone that’s ever experienced loss.  Five Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment