C.C.Cole

C.C.Cole
author C.C.Cole's blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

5 stars for "Bang" by William Butler

Though I write dark fantasy, I enjoy many genres including non-fiction WWI books to the classic comedy "A Confederacy of Dunces."  So below, I took an "out of fantasy" journey to read "Bang."

"Bang" caught my eye on Twitter, with its catchy title and attention-getting synopsis. This novel for grown-ups hurls the reader into a small world of a few lamentable characters caught up in a complex dilemma that intensifies all the way to the dramatic end. The non-fatal shooting of a man begins the collision course of events that expose common social disasters affecting marital, parent/child, and adult relationships as well as the desire for revenge. The story moves fast, and as the chapters flow, the curiosity grows despite the flawed characters. I recommend this novel highly to adults looking for a well-written, twisted, entertaining story.

No comments:

Post a Comment